Restrictions and Recommendations for Taking Ayahuasca
What food should you consume for the Ayahuasca diet?
The food you should eat are beans, vegetables, fruits and other organic-natural products. Don’t eat food that has any kind of industrialized chemicals. Neither meat from animals that contain toxins by injections of hormones, proteins or others. Also be careful with salt and sugar. We can recommend free range chicken or fish. Forbidden are: alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, pills, but also canned foods, coffee and sodas. As well as any type of sexual activity.
Restrictions and Recommendations before, during and after the Ayahuasca Ceremony:
- The retreat consists of temporary isolation at the Retreat Temple. There we ingest the Master Plants, but only under very strict rules of physical and psychological care. They create a space with nature aimed at physical and energetic purification. The Master Plants eliminate the substances that block sensitivity and favor the production of dreams. They take you back to the remembrance of past traumatic situations. And bring you a deep introspection and an encounter with the Inner Master. Ayahuasca retreat in Peru.
- To take part in an Ayahuasca ceremony you have to follow a diet of three to seven days before and three to seven days after. Then the healing and purification of body, mind and soul have best results. Failure to follow directions will result in loss of healing.
- The main benefit of the retreat is that it helps us to develop a deeper connection with nature and with our inner being. Negative and emotional burdens that you have kept for years are purified. Ayahuasca ceremonies bring more self-awareness to the personal routines and habits that make us who we are.
We recommend meditation/contemplation like yoga or other practices of your convenience. By them you’ll be prepared mentally and spiritually for the ceremony. It is an ancient Shamanic ritual, that is why you should take all the recommendations that we give you seriously. They help you to embrace the full power of the medicine and reach the desired enlightenment.
In order to participate in the Ayahuasca ceremony it is necessary to prepare yourself through a specific diet. And participants should be prepared to accept the spiritual experience: to attain knowledge about themselves. And so overcome personal problems, health problems or find an answer to existential matters.
The session is previously set for night or day time by the Master Shaman. It starts with a short ritual of purification and protection of the place and the body. A participant should approach with respect when asking for help and protection from the sacred world. During the ceremony silence, concentration and a possitive attitude from the participant are very important to be able to controll the visions. Generally all senses become much enhanced in the dark which helps to manage the visions during the trance.
The Shaman or assistant serves the potion for every participant. The dose is calculated individually and is based on the personal questionnaire. This considers physical and psychological data, like origin and intensity of disease or other reasons which led the person to take Ayahuasca.
After experiencing intense visions (trance), the effects will start to recede. Participants may feel tired, or some have difficulties with describing their feelings experienced during the ceremony. The final stage is the ceremonial offering to the Pachamama (Mother Earth). Afterwards you can reflect on your experiences with the Shaman or assistent. We recommend not to eat any food until the next morning.
Noble silence means to concentrate and work the interiors. Thus avoiding unnecessary waste of energy. During the ceremonies you will be allowed to speak only in hours of integration and in case of emergency.
It is not possible to interrupt the Masters during the ceremonies. If you consider that there is an emergency related to your health you can consult the translator or assistant.
The Masters will maintain the noble silence for the same purpose. Therefore only discuss the ceremonies and cures. Shamans keep the noble silence in the rooms and in the whole center. There will be only a cell phone for emergencies in charge of the translator. The translator will only translate, or speak in a polite way to the patient regarding the person and his inner work. He will not mention anything that affects or annoys, as vulgar jokes or personal stories. Neither anything that does not help your personal growth. We provide cultural information and not personal comments. Ayahuasca retreat in Peru.
Who cannot take Ayahuasca:
- Pregnant women, individuals with any kind of heart problems, persons with psychiatric conditions (schizophrenia, paranoia,etc), epileptics, children younger than 14 years are forbidden to take Ayahuasca. As an alternative Andean millenary healing ceremonies can be done, like: Coca leaf Reading, Cleansing of Negative Energies, Pachamama, Flowering Bath or a profound physical purification through Volcanic Water.
CAISAE is an Association of expert Amazonian and Andean Shamans. Which is serious, legal and reliable. We teach and practice the true ancient techniques. We have a lot of experience in all our rituals. The current Shaman’s knowledge was transmitted from generation to generation. They were able to maintain the techniques and ancient secrets of their ancestors in the purest essence. Therefore they are able to perform very dangerous healings, which no other healers could do for many years.
Be careful in taking Ayahuasca, because the medicine is not a game. If you value your life choose safety and trust. With the best Master Shamans who can control, care and protect you from the evil spirits and energies around. Through his icaros (special chants for the Ayahuasca ceremony) the Shaman will lead you to extraordinary visions. In thanksgiving to God and the Pachamama, the Association of Shamans opened this center to guide people with the techniques so that they learn to transmute suffering into happiness and love. Ayahuasca retreat in Peru.
Items you should bring to the Retreats Temple:
- A 2 liter water bottle
- Two rolls of toilet paper
- Raincoat or rain poncho (November to March)
- Tennis Shoes or Boots
- Cap or sun hat
- Photographic camera
- Backpack. Lantern
- Extra winter clothing (for night time)
- If you are going to return to Cusco, it is best to store your luggage at the hotel. Only bring needed items and warm clothing.
- If you do not have a hotel booked for your return to Cusco, the luggage can be stored in our office or you can take it to the Retreat Temple.
Check our amazing Ayahuasca retreat 2 days!
Restrictions and Recommendations for Ayahuasca, restrictions diets. What not to eat before Ayahuasca. Who must not take Ayahuasca Cusco. Ayahuasca retreat in Peru.