According to Shamans like Carlos Fernández Baca, from Peru, the “trip” occurs through three levels. In the first, the heart rate is accelerated, one starts to get very hot and then the purge process begins: most of the times people vomit. The experience is different for each one, on some it can produce connection with the intra-terrestrial world and everything bad (the “cuchas”, which are energetic junk), which will be displayed as monstrous beings. That is why it is essential to have a previous explanation, so as not to panic and be prepared. In this instance, the person is vulnerable and the work of support from the Shaman is fundamental. Then comes a moment of tranquility. The drum and the rattles raise the vibrations and produce a sound of rain. Then, you enter the universe of Father Sun: an angelic setting. A conciliation process begins, even with things that happened ten, twenty years ago; things that deplete us and take away the opportunity to live the present. On the last level, the third world is activated, which, in general, is accompanied by a great tenderness towards family, friends, couples, children. People open up to receive the good things of others. (Thursday, March 10, 2010, at the Auditorium of the Peruvian Medical Association). We offer wonderful, professionally conducted Ayahuasca retreats and Ayahuasca ceremonies, in Cusco city and at our Retreats Temple in the woods outside the city. Ayahuasca in Peru, Ayahuasca in Cusco.
– In the Amazonian city of Iquitos, a lecture was given “AYAHUASCA: TRADITIONAL MEDICINES A LOOK AT THE PAST, A JUMP TO THE FUTURE”, lectured by Dr. Jaques Mabit Bonicar; TAKIWASI has as its “general objective to revalue the human and natural resources of traditional medicines and to develop a real therapeutic alternative to addictions.” This conference is part of the socialization activities of the Diploma “Training of Trainers in Intercultural Health” by the National University of San Marcos in partnership with the Interethnic Association of Development of the Peruvian Jungle (AIDESEP -in Spanish). Ayahuasca in Peru, Ayahuasca in Cusco, Ayahuasca in Amazon.
Dr. Jaques Mabit Bonicar spoke for an hour and a half about the evolution, exemptions, limitations and challenges of medical science in relation to indigenous knowledge linked to traditional medicine. He explained in a dynamic, pedagogical and scientific language the integral relationship of the human being with nature. We can try the following summary:
– Medical knowledge of indigenous people develops in the right cerebral hemisphere and medical science occupies the left side. This difference allowed the great advance of medical science in relative distance with ancient medical knowledge. 30% of contemporary medicine derives from active principles taken from indigenous sources (cocaine, quinine, pteropodine and others). Medicinal plants used by healers have been spied on, stolen and marketed for a long time.
– The strict doctrine of the scientific method, skeptical of the magical, symbolic and spiritual world of indigenous people is responsible for some three centuries of delay in medical science in relation to the difficulty encountered in treating current diseases and the factual great possibilities offered by traditional medicine.
-The potion that is given in the session of Ayahuasca is a mixture with extracts of Chacruna (Psychotria vidiris) and other recommended plants, which generates the combination of active principles and psychoactive actions differentiated in each person. According to their emotional and cognitive state, the Ayahuasca activates the information that is found in consciousness and subconsciousness that is only attainable through the light generated by the active principle of the Chacruna. Ayahuasca is not a hallucinogen but a means of enlightenment.
– The member of AIDESEP, Rafael Chanchari, indigenous Shawi, was invited as the main commentator. Once the lecture was over, he commented about the conventional point of view. Summary:
– The Ayahuasca is a sacred ancient rope used for strictly medicinal purposes. It allows interacting, in another dimension, with the spirits of each living component of nature. Among thousands of ropes in the Amazon it is the only one that has power. In this scenario, an exceptional communication occurs generating questions and answers about the medical world and others that concern the indigenous worldview. Also, a look at the past and present to rectify mistakes destined to achieve a coexistence in harmony with others and nature. Looking into the future to prevent and control joys or disagreements.
At the end, Professor Rafael Chanchari thanked the opening to traditional medicine in the “academic” world. We are in an era where the conventional and static reality is coercive towards the search for a new space for the complementarity of knowledge; this will lead to the treatment of diseases that are considered incurable until these days. The diseases of the future must be warned and overcome in a timely manner, so that human civilization denote its true splendor. So, if the source of all medicine comes from nature, our health depends on its integrity. Traditional knowledge transferred via oral ways would have suffered many losses. Nevertheless, the spiritual world still keeps jealously every file containing traditional medicine; accessible only through Ayahuasca and other sacred plants of indigenous people. Try Ayahuasca in Amazon, Ayahuasca retreats, Ayahuasca in Peru, Ayahuasca ceremony in Cusco.